TIROBON
Menu
‪#‎ForAllTheLonelyChildrenWithImaginaryFriends‬

‪#‎ForAllTheLonelyChildrenWithImaginaryFriends‬

By In Uncategorized On May 18, 2016

I remember being so shy in primary school, right from class one to class eight, being unable to say ‘present sir’ in class and being too intimidated to play with my classmates who ran themselves thin on Mindililwo primary school’s wide fields. I naturally developed affection for our farm livestock as a result, and spent many sunny days stroking and hugging our cows. Still I felt something was amiss. I needed a friend I could talk to and laugh with (I have to confess that the kids at the Mindililwo were so kind and did their best to draw me out of my shell but to no avail).

One day (I think I was in class two or three), I dreamt that a man with purple skin, a long tail, with an egg balancing on his head, came to my room, held my hand and walked me outside, where we played all night long. I named him Promet and he became one of my closest imaginary friends.

I would stand by the school gate at games time every evening, with my bag, as others children frolicked silly all around, waiting for the school bell to ring so that I could go home and be with Promet. Promet always smiled at me as soon as I reached home, making me forget about school and I would run with him to our fruit farm (full of loquat, lemon, lime, orange, peach and plum trees) to pluck fruits. Promet taught me how to climb trees and showed me a secret magic with which we transformed ants to be as large as horses so that we could ride them. With Promet I would run around grass paddocks with a paper bag, catching grasshoppers, butterflies and locusts. Promet taught me not to be afraid of millipedes.

One afternoon, I walked to the fruit farm and called out for Promet (for that is where he lived, next to a lemon tree) and he answered very weakly. I found him lying beside his hole and he told me that he had been bitten by a lizard and was slowly dying. I asked if there was anything I could do and he told me that it was too late, that all I should do was bury him in our millet farm and mark his grave with egg shells. I lifted him and walked to the millet field, scooped the earth with my feet and lay him in the hole, and covered him with earth. Then walked home to get egg shells. I could not find any so I decided to look for some the next day.
That night Promet called me out in a dream, telling me that he was still alive and I should come and dig him out. Like all other children, I was afraid of the dark and promised him to do so the next morning, for that would be a Saturday and I would not go to school.

I walked to the millet field early the next morning but could not trace where I buried Promet. I called out to him but he was silent.

‪#‎ForAllTheLonelyChildrenWithImaginaryFriends‬

About the Author

ropta

267 Comments

• cheriewhite 2 YEARS AGO

This was a very beautiful post, Kiprop! I can relate. I was once one of those children when I was a teenager due to being the target of bullying. Today, I reach out to kids who suffer the same fate I once did. Thank you for such a beautiful post! To check out my posts about bullying and writing, go to cheriewhite.wordpress.com www.facebook.com/groups/685555748154317/ https://twitter.com/cheriewhite691

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

Thank you for surviving and for helping those who are being bullied now. You are always welcome here. I always have fresh posts. Let me check yours too.

• Cattenburg 2 YEARS AGO

This brought back memories of my childhood! 💕

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

Thank you for remembering. Pass by any time you want.

• Jui 2 YEARS AGO

Bitter sweet

• perfectlyimperfecthuman 2 YEARS AGO

Love this

• shonessa 2 YEARS AGO

Omg! I am so much like you. I remember being shy till 7th standard and talking to teachers was a challenge for me. And I totally like your imaginary friend hahaha!

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

Tell me about your imaginary friends Shonessa. Your story is so much similar to mine.

• shonessa 2 YEARS AGO

I didn't had any imaginary friends tho. But I would play with my baby dolls and talk to them as real friends!😊😂

• mindmatters802 2 YEARS AGO

I love yr story I have an imaginary friend now named Gary

• thesmilingpilgrim 2 YEARS AGO

I am kinda jealous I never had one of those friends. Though I think in some way maybe my mind did act as presence for friendship :)

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

Take care of your powerful mind

• khmesmile168 2 YEARS AGO

Reblogged this on khmersmile168.

• Christina Leragdoll 2 YEARS AGO

Wonderful 😁

• Erica Barett 2 YEARS AGO

Endelea vivyo hivyo 😄

• thepetroldiamond 2 YEARS AGO

This is SO beautiful- need to read more of this story...when is the next post?

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

Thank you for finding the beauty in my story. I have two fresh posts. Please pass by.

• ridingthebusblog 2 YEARS AGO

Thank you for this beautiful look at your childhood!

Welcome any time

• leach 2 YEARS AGO

Lovely post..I'd forgotten about my imaginary horse friend until this.

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

Tell me about your horse.

• leach 2 YEARS AGO

Hahaha! I used to ride him from home up the public bus and then to school and back. He slept outside my toilet as my room was too small to accommodate both of us. I can't remember when he left me...likely, I had abandoned him...

• Biro Jasa Perijinan 2 YEARS AGO

amazing post.. when i am child..every time i dream bea super hero

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

You are a super hero Biro

• lisablogs10001 2 YEARS AGO

Touching

• hippiegeek42 2 YEARS AGO

This is so beautiful. I remember I used to pretend that the characters from the Chronicles of Narnia were my best friends and that we would all go on adventures together. Sometimes it's still hard for me not to feel like the authors of my favorite books or the writers of my favorite songs know me somehow, even if I'll never meet them. I guess words are my imaginary friends now.

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

Write your own Narnia. Allow us the freedom to escape into your world. You are always welcome here. Two fresh posts waiting for you.

• Catherine 2 YEARS AGO

You brought back a great memory. I had an imaginary friend named Lulu. My parents literally thought I was not quite "right". But--Lulu was the start of my creativity!!

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

You were so right Catherine. Tell me about Lulu. Introduce Lulu to Promet. Come here any time you wish. I always have fresh posts.

• Mo'Lewa 2 YEARS AGO

Really true thanks for sharing and reminding me of days gone by😊

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

You are always welcome here. Thank you.

• valavanblog 2 YEARS AGO

BEAUTY ACTRESS http://valavan-teentonic.blogspot.com/2016/05/today-special.html

• simonwellswriter 2 YEARS AGO

Imaginary friends saved my sanity as a child because i had a traumatic upbringing. I was in and out of the care system because my mother had a personality disorder, and i was being mercilessly bullied at school.Even though i always knew the imaginary friends were not real, i still got comfort from the fact that i had someone to talk to, even if it was just in my mind, as there were times i had absolutely no one i could relate to. However, nowadays as an adult i can see that my brain kicked into survival mode when the trauma got too much.....Anyway, thanks for your post....Enjoyable read.

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

Your story is so touching Simon. Schools can be extremely cruel. Then your mother having a disorder was unable to fully take care of you. I can only trust you are a stronger human being now, who can offer solace to many others being bullied. I was bullied too. But I am now strong. I am writing. We are sharing our stories. Cheers to us! Come here anytime. There are always fresh posts.

• Marwa AboAmra 2 YEARS AGO

Nice post. It reminds me with my little son as he keeps talking to his imaginary friends all time, lonely!

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

He is never alone. He has you, and them.

• gapawa 2 YEARS AGO

Promet sounds like a nice chap!

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

You too Gapawa. I have seen you go about the comments, cheering everyone.

• gapawa 2 YEARS AGO

Yes! Better to spread love than hate

• artaholica 2 YEARS AGO

Reblogged this on Arki arts & paints and commented: For all the lonely children with imaginary friends

• myblogforlife1 2 YEARS AGO

What a lovely post! I had an imaginary friend as well. Her name was Bidee. She was some days the same age as me and other days she was older or younger than me. We had such fun together. You write so well and brought me back to a time when life was much less complex than it is now. Thank you for sharing!

• artaholica 2 YEARS AGO

I love this story of yours, i also had imaginary friends back then. i used to play alone.

• Jack 2 YEARS AGO

You should turn this into a children's story.

• Jack 2 YEARS AGO

Reblogged this on Wyrdwend and commented: I did not have an imaginary friend as a kid, per se. But Death came to visit me often and we would talk a lot and we became friends. We still are. However I thought this story quite excellent. It should be turned into a children's book.

• theorangelynx 2 YEARS AGO

Your story is beautiful. Promet is amazing. I love that he taught you so much. I never had imaginary friends. I never even heard of the concept until much later through american sitcoms. I still feel like i missed out on an important bit of childhood because I never had an imaginary friend. You should write story books for kids. I think you have a flair for it.

• Suraj 2 YEARS AGO

Amazing post 👍

• Nanay Talk 2 YEARS AGO

Nice post! It was good to know that many of us had imaginary friends. I guess this is really part of our childhood.☺️ Thank you for this post! I'll reblig this if you may, thanks a bunch!😊

• Nanay Talk 2 YEARS AGO

Reblogged this on NANAY TALK and commented: A very nice glimpse of a childhood experience. I believe most of us experienced this, too. I remember having my own "imaginary friend" and I really have to admit that I enjoyed those moments playing with her and believeng she's real. But, as I mature and had "real friends", the so-called "imaginary friend" disappeared.

• jailbirdlove 2 YEARS AGO

This is such a beautiful and yet touchy story

• melanievlogan 2 YEARS AGO

Reblogged this on .

• Pascal Chisom Okechukwu 2 YEARS AGO

Wow. This is Beautiful. ☺

• RollingStones 2k16 2 YEARS AGO

I too was very shy and didn't have much friends but what I did was something different. I used to create imaginary scenes in my mind with real life characters in it, like my friends or cousins and thus pass my time😅 Gud work bud. But as u had such good frnds who wanted you don't u feel u lost all the happy times with them coz of ua shyness? I always feel that regret :-!

• Raj Bhurjee 2 YEARS AGO

Reblogged this on Sweetest Perfection.

• Tanuj 2 YEARS AGO

I never had a imaginary friend. But I usually used to talk to my cushion when I was said, if you consider this as an imaginary friend. Anyways, beautiful story! Reblogged this on The Geeky Blogger

• Tanuj 2 YEARS AGO

Sad**

• UAE Visa Information Center 2 YEARS AGO

amazing... :)

• The Wounded Healer 2 YEARS AGO

This is intriguing!

• evanyambu 2 YEARS AGO

well never had an imaginary friend but after watching whispers the series i can now relate with a child who has an imaginary friend

• chamindrawar 2 YEARS AGO

Loved this. So poignant and beautiful.

• UAE Visa Information Center 2 YEARS AGO

flawless post :)

• Rasan Tours UAE 2 YEARS AGO

• Rasan Tours UAE 2 YEARS AGO

amazing ... :)

• fallowfieldsofwords 2 YEARS AGO

That's sad.

• Nikka 2 YEARS AGO

Children with imaginary friends are often lonely. Makes me so sad as no one should ever feel alone. They truly have the most beautiful of beautiful minds to be able to create "a life".

• sruthimadhu 2 YEARS AGO

I loved this post. Truly a gem

• versatilefacts 2 YEARS AGO

i never knew someone would think of writing something like this, it's so amazing and touching as it's so true a deep childhood revelation you just revealed. kudos.

• Angeline 2 YEARS AGO

love ur post. I can totally relate to this because imaginary friends become a part of your life if you grow up alone and they are really important as they help you survive alone :)

• Angeline 2 YEARS AGO

It would be nice if you would have a look at my blog https://amusantblog.wordpress.com/ We pretty much write about everything and anything. Please do have a look and your suggestions as to how to improve my blog will be really helpful.

• Gautam Manerikar 2 YEARS AGO

Very lovely post ! Looking forward ..

• feelingawed 2 YEARS AGO

love your writing!

• kubusalfabet 2 YEARS AGO

It happened when I was in Elementary school, but later I could leave those years. to decide having some conversation can make some friends..

• me lee who you 2 YEARS AGO

Ahh this is great..a tale of innocence and imagination. I have written a short post which may be of interest :-) www.melee

• me lee who you 2 YEARS AGO

Www.meleewhoyou.wordpress.com

• nikkyipit 2 YEARS AGO

This is nice... I've been there once and I must confess, they saved my sanity.

• genomerain 2 YEARS AGO

Mine was a white rabbit suspended from the ceiling by a piece of string tied around his waist. He didn't have a name.

• nuberublog 2 YEARS AGO

Reblogged this on Nuberu and commented: A very nice story (probably how I see it) could actually relate myself to the story like many other people. I have had many imaginary friends over the years, sometimes more than one at the same time. It is actually liberating to have imaginary friends, we could share many things with our imaginary friends without the fear of exposing us in front of people.

• duttdivya 2 YEARS AGO

Its so surprising but whenever i think of my childhood and its simply so pure and special,that even if we want we can go back nd live that moment..:))

• debbype 2 YEARS AGO

yeah really true...nice use of imagery!

• theweirwood 2 YEARS AGO

just open my acct, then Aw

• izukisletter 2 YEARS AGO

Looking forward for your writing

• theworldaccording2ellah 2 YEARS AGO

Imaginary friends are very special beings. And, you know, grown-ups can have imaginary friends too. Sometimes mine steps back into my life to help me, and he is always very very welcome. I usually talk with him on my mobile phone. He brings humour and playfulness to me for a little while, which is always a good thing when i am feeling lonely and afraid.

• Stuart M. Perkins 2 YEARS AGO

Beautiful, sad I think, but great post!

• patjama 2 YEARS AGO

Wow. Kudos for so much honesty, magic and strong truth. Really love this :)

• Tito 2 YEARS AGO

That was my life story. Sooooo relatable

• harshuweb 2 YEARS AGO

I wish I would have met your imaginary friend ...so desperate to see him..

• Anjali Soni 2 YEARS AGO

Beautifully written! I remember having a imaginary friends (I had ten of them) in my childhood. Those friends felt like part of me. I would called them by numbers (1,2,3...) and had a motherly affection towards them :-P

• domestic diva 2 YEARS AGO

very nice read...surprisingly i wrote something quiet similar..do check it out please :)

• domestic diva 2 YEARS AGO

https://mobi41.wordpress.com/2016/05/18/distresses-of-the-overly-imaginative-girls/ very nice read…surprisingly i wrote something quiet similar..do check it out please:)

• Pavitr Jain 2 YEARS AGO

Good story

• janellahrrr 2 YEARS AGO

So beautiful!

• octavius13 2 YEARS AGO

I guess Promet was also related to farming. It could be a great branding for a farm, in the memory of Promet and it could be a great legend also. Nice story !😃

• Write This Down 2 YEARS AGO

Fantastic descriptions. I was an only child, and for the most part had a relatively quiet childhood (had a couple of bouts with bullying but my mother was gracious enough to move me to different places til I found one I liked), but I did have an imaginary friend named Charlie. I remember him having freckles, pale skin, and curly red hair. I remember sitting on the swings and he asked me if we'd be friends forever. I told him we would but I haven't seen him in 20 years.

• Ale Reyes 2 YEARS AGO

As I was reading your blog, I kept thinking "How can a person imagine all of this stuff, all those details, learn from an imaginary friend?" and "I am amazed at how our brain works to be able to create from our own self". I was a lonely kid myself and by decision. I was too afraid of others, or as I've been learning, I don't trust myself enough to make good impressions and "doing it right". Even though I haven't had the experience to create imaginary friends, I do laugh hard (or fight and cry) imagining conversations and sharing moments with people that I know. And believe me, we talk a lot! I guess that's one of the awesome yet sad parts of being a loner: you are happy with who you are when one is in this kind of secured environment, but sad when one realizes is all fantasy. Thanks for sharing this experience. :-)

• simonwellswriter 2 YEARS AGO

Well certainly from my experience, when the mind is pushed into a corner the brain will find a way to fill in the gaps where social interaction is missing. This does not necessarily mean anyone is mad, on the contrary, it just means that we have creative coping strategies, some people use them differently, but i suppose i only did what i knew, just like the writer of this post.

• youlivefully 2 YEARS AGO

It was an amazing post. While we are child we see many imaginary people, imagine people, when we grow up we become too responsible and focused on stress that we forget how to live. So its important we take out some time here and there to live life.. I have repost your post to mine..

• youlivefully 2 YEARS AGO

I have reblog this post to my blog ... :-)

• Skilbey 2 YEARS AGO

I pondered the question about a link between imaginary friends and creative writers in my blog: http://skilbey.com/an-imaginary-friend-an-extension-of-the-creative-writer/ because of a university study that suggested that the relationship that writers have with their characters may be analogous to the relationship children have with their imaginary friends. See: http://www.apa.org/monitor/jan05/imaginary.aspx Lovely post.:)

• chawinkk 2 YEARS AGO

It was a wonderful post. Thank you

• orleansagdoll 2 YEARS AGO

So sad...I love it...

• 🍁Boltie Crystal Blossom🍁 2 YEARS AGO

This is very relatable. Even though I'm in junior high, I still have an imaginary friend due to loneliness. Her name is Ashlyn. She's the person I've always wanted to be. She's taught me how to love people even when they don't love me. She's taught me how to become YouTube famous, how to do makeup, etc, but that's just all in my head. In reality she's not there. Even though I wish for her so much to be real, but she's not. She's only real in my head.

• simonwellswriter 2 YEARS AGO

You are using your imagination creatively. My hat goes off to you for your honesty...

• rukshiiiscribbles 2 YEARS AGO

Love the way you've expressed the feelings! :)

• Pinki1908 2 YEARS AGO

This is beautiful. ☺

• ChattyPhotography 2 YEARS AGO

I would have loved an imaginary friend as a nipper, to be able to see a physical being there and actually interact and touch them is amazing. The mind is a powerful thing!

• Jamal Ismail 2 YEARS AGO

Wonderful story! I remember having many imaginary friends growing up. I can't remember their names, but one of them was my alter ego that protected me from embarrassment whenever I was teased by other classmates for being different than them in certain ways. I'm going to share in my blog as well.

• nickhilpandey 2 YEARS AGO

So beautifully written and story of many children captured so beautifully....

• Misty Siffles, MSP, CLC 2 YEARS AGO

I never had an imaginary friend (as far as I remember anyway), but your beautiful post makes me wish I had!

• liliwritesblog 2 YEARS AGO

I've just been reminded of the 8 imaginary people I had in my life until my early teens

• Chelsea S. 2 YEARS AGO

I remember having imaginary friends as a child! Up until the start of middle school actually 😂

• OliverRodriguez 2 YEARS AGO

Incredible. I know how is that and I loved you post

• wordsandpicturesweb 2 YEARS AGO

So moving.

• tanyazswanngmailcom 2 YEARS AGO

I too was so shy as a young girl and wish I had an imaginery friend. I believe I was too shy for even an imaginery friend.

• talking2tc 2 YEARS AGO

Wonderful story. My son had an imaginary friend also.

• Melody 2 YEARS AGO

Never have I ever had an imaginary friend, but you make them sound so wonderful.

• pageturner1994 2 YEARS AGO

Wow! So wonderful and heartfelt. Thank you for this!

• Hadiza Motherconfesor Lana 2 YEARS AGO

I have taped the beneficial juice of this post that sounds like lily. I regretted being in solitude and i felt at the point of doing that to my real friends, someone or something hits me to say "hey, loosen up buddy feel free with your friends" Btw My imaginary childhood friend wasn't nice to me... I will write a story about it. Thanks for this inspiration. U can check some my poem n other super literary works on my blog... https://hadizatbelloblog.wordpress.com 😘

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

Hmm...an unkind imaginary friend...s/he deserves to be written about...you are also now big enough to beat him up

• Hadiza Motherconfesor Lana 2 YEARS AGO

I have started writing about it. Will post it soon from a chapter story in the Main I am working on. I will love to have you read and critique it too. That's after you have given me a big enough stick to beat'em😂😂

• The Tea Room 2 YEARS AGO

This reminds me of the joys of being a child and looking at the world with wide eyes. Truly incredible. Your post just brings back so many memories. xx thetearoomsblog.wordpress.com

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

To just look at the world with the eyes of a child! Childhood is so short, precious and sweet. You are always welcome here. I even have a fresh post. Just passed by your blog. I agree, I also love the ending to a good book. I also drank mocha today...a change from my usual tea.

• Hadiza Motherconfesor Lana 2 YEARS AGO

Reblogged on https://hadizatbelloblog.wordpress.com

• Miss Bis 2 YEARS AGO

Love your post! Although I can't recall on having any imaginary friends but I created a another version of me as my imaginary friend whom I talk to when I am lonely and share everything too. :)

• Lord Rhetor 2 YEARS AGO

Lovely

• krystalgreen777 2 YEARS AGO

Oh wow this was good! It was so heartwarming my eyes are actually tearing up.

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

Awww, thank you. I trust you had a precious childhood too, and that you treasure the memories.

• krystalgreen777 2 YEARS AGO

Your welcome. And yeah I had an imaginary friend who I'd introduce to my friends.

• writegill 2 YEARS AGO

A dense allegory of tackling child loneliness - thank you.

• mamtasamnotra 2 YEARS AGO

Oh! my dear childhood, where have you gone!! You brought back some fond memories.

• lisalemuya 2 YEARS AGO

great article enjoyed reading it

• apillowofwinds 2 YEARS AGO

This is commendable work.

• Addie 2 YEARS AGO

I wasn't very shy, but I had been bullied and the bully. I also had an imaginary friend, a star, I named Speeka. Haha. This post got me taking a trip down memory lane.

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

Tell me about Speeka. Was Speeka kind, brave, fearless? Is Speeka still in the sky?

• SunskritiTheRocker:) 2 YEARS AGO

That was such a beautiful post. Really felt as if Promet was real. I have tons of real life friends, and yet I still have imaginary friends. They helped me to pretend I still lived in the States even after moving to a completely different country. :) They changed over the years. Their names changed, characters changed, and most importantly, their roles in my life changed. But at 14, the magic of imaginary games and adventures with them is starting to fade. I wish it wouldn't, but it is.

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

At least you had them for some time. I believe they are our guiding angels. What were their names?

• simonwellswriter 2 YEARS AGO

They can get you through some tough times in life, because some people are tested more than others.

• waruguru_mugo 2 YEARS AGO

loving it

• gd2812blog 2 YEARS AGO

Nicely expressed

• V. Ananya 2 YEARS AGO

This imaginary friend of yours seems very kind and fond of children. I would like to have met him, though. ;) Even I had an imaginary friend in middle school; I often longed for a twin (despite having an incredible older brother) and so, I got one - in my imagination! My experience with my twin was similar to yours. :)

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

How wonderful! Promet would have loved to meet your twin. Sadly, he is gone. I trust your twin was there for you, in the rare moments your incredible older brother couldn't. Thank you for sharing.

• V. Ananya 2 YEARS AGO

Oh, she was! :D And I can still hear her voice in my head whenever I face difficult problems. :)

• Gouraja 2 YEARS AGO

It was endearing read.. Lovely

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

Thank you. You are always welcome here. There will be fresh posts I promise. Choice morsels for you to bite and feel the sweetness of childhood, of life.

• Aman Tripathi 2 YEARS AGO

This is incredibly beautiful! I am touched!

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

Thank you Aman. I wish that you also hold precious all the sweet moments of your life.

• Meir Weiss 2 YEARS AGO

Reblogged this on Meir Weiss' Blog.

• devpria11 2 YEARS AGO

That was so cute. I could really picture the entire thing happening right in front of my eyes.

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

Thank you. Picture it and make this story your own. You are always welcome here.

• devpria11 2 YEARS AGO

I've nominated you for a three day quote challenge. Do check it out and I hope you like it too. 😊 Regards, Devpria

• Parvathi Vijay 2 YEARS AGO

Beautiful. 😘😘😘

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

Thank you Parvathi for finding the beauty in my post. You are always welcome here.

• Mimi 2 YEARS AGO

And how i adore the figment of your imagination. :) ♥

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

Awww. Thank you Mimi. Every human on this planet has the capacity for such beautiful imagination. We just need to allow ourselves to indulge in its mysteries as often as we can. I invite you to read my current post. It is also something from my childhood and has to do with a cat.

• blessingime 2 YEARS AGO

Very beautiful and touching...

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

Thank you so much. You are always welcome here. It is my wish to make every reader who comes here, to read, and to smile.

• versatilefacts 2 YEARS AGO

you can also check out a nice work here, if its nice i would also want to get criticized for it https://versatilefacts.wordpress.com/2016/05/27/journey-of-love-part-1/

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

Your poem is beatiful. Keep sharing the beauty of your words with the world.

• Pooja Grover 2 YEARS AGO

Wow...thats a touching story. My son who is 5 is also solitary and doesn't mingle much. I have tried hard to make him collaborate with other kids, but he has this natural tendency to stay aloof. Do you think you can give me some guidance from your experiences as to what should I do as a mother?I don't want him to stray away from his true self, but I also want him to mingle with other kids.

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

Ask him what friends he likes. Even the imagined ones. In the evening, ask him who he spent the day with. Make him feel safe enough to tell you about his life and what he loves. Tell him it is okay if he does not want to hang out with particular kids in the neighbourhood. If he is bullied, make him believe that he can stand up for himself and that he can always turn to you for help. Mostly allow him to just experience his childhood as it comes naturally to him. He will be alright. Blessings to you.

• turmoilofsunshine 2 YEARS AGO

Thank you!!!

• Kiprop Kimutai 2 YEARS AGO

You are always welcome here. Thank you to for reading. I even have a fresh post. A little snippet from my childhood as always. I wish you a pleasant day.

• sirjpblog 2 YEARS AGO

May we all at some point in our lives learn how to be alone but never lonely. May we learn how to feel the pains of our neighbors and hence, reach out in help.

• detalles_de_mi_mundo 2 YEARS AGO

This really made my day!

• Ruby Gee 2 YEARS AGO

I love this Kiprop! I'm so happy that you were able to break out of your shell! I can relate too, I didn't have an imaginary friend but I was extremely shy! Today I'm not shy at all and am pursuing acting, the irony right?! Happy Friday! Xo💕

• poetryforyoureyes 2 YEARS AGO

Wonderful!!😊

• notsoglamoroustoday 2 YEARS AGO

That is sooo cute and sad at the same time

• driamonae 2 YEARS AGO

You are an amazing story teller and I believe Promet was around for as long as you needed him. Then when you were strong enough to let go-he released you, by allowing you to release him. Keep up the great work.

• flyart0 2 YEARS AGO

Very nice story, I remember searching the forest for what we called forest gnomes as a child. This story brings back the thoughts and feeling of my own childhood. =)

• Biro Jasa Perijinan 2 YEARS AGO

beautiful story

• styleague 2 YEARS AGO

wow very nice story

• Harrizon 2 YEARS AGO

This is very true. Children go through such challenges

• postapocalypticat 2 YEARS AGO

Really nice one. Memories come back. Hours of sitting back and wondering why you are not one of them....

• blacklilswan 2 YEARS AGO

thats sad in the end :"(

• charliearchbold 2 YEARS AGO

I remember hours spent with my own imaginary friends. Secrets, fun and whispers.

• mirrorgirl 2 YEARS AGO

It is fascinating how our minds always does its best to help us when we need it most. Your gift is being able to listen to the message it is trying to send and let it soothe you.

• SumitOfficial 2 YEARS AGO

Great post :)

• twinpks 2 YEARS AGO

I almost teared up here. I often talked to the shadows in my room when I was younger.

• palak97 2 YEARS AGO

please check my blog..and let me know what you feel about it :)

• klaudiazen 2 YEARS AGO

It makes sense to me i can relate to the little young child as i had no friends in primary school except my imagination.

• writeworld666 2 YEARS AGO

everyone has a child like hidden in them i guess....

• Mark Neil Abiera 2 YEARS AGO

Its really nice, I can relate

• owlyoudoin 2 YEARS AGO

Imaginary friends are the most reliable friends❤️

• Adam Harkus 2 YEARS AGO

Fascinating and very well written. Thanks for posting

• Springstart@life : Kamakhya 2 YEARS AGO

Very touchy n depicts a very contemporary phase of life where staying alone is perceived to be a energizer.The memory lanes,the way it is reflected,made a good, insightful read.My poem "the tamarind tree" echoes similar tones .A great post.

• justChloe 2 YEARS AGO

I wish had memories of my imaginary friend. Perhaps he's still around. Thank you for this.

• cmortel 2 YEARS AGO

Lovely story. Thanks for sharing. Nice to know imaginary friends are abound.

• The Leaky Inkpot 2 YEARS AGO

There is an escape imaginary friends provide, for the little while that we may need it.Thank you for the story of your childhood,brings up much of the same memories

• LynneMcLeanBrown 2 YEARS AGO

beautiful, thank you

• iamraawan 2 YEARS AGO

https://mythoughtsaresporadic.wordpress.com/ This is my blog, where I've written some Prose/Poems. If you get time, then go through it once and let me know your views about them. I would really appreciate that, as your suggestions would help me out to write better from next time. -Abhishek Gupta.😇

• ordinaryneurosis 2 YEARS AGO

Promit still alive in your mind? Maybe Promit was never really buried.

• gelly3993 2 YEARS AGO

Aww this reminds me of the imaginary friend from the kids' movie Inside Out...Bing Bong I think was his name

• missguinta9 2 YEARS AGO

I never had an imaginary friend. However... I did believe my "my buddy" doll would one day come alive. I treated him like a friend though ☺️

• Chicajamaicana 2 YEARS AGO

Beautiful post. I think your subconscious was telling you that It was time to let go :)

• The Analyzed Life 2 YEARS AGO

This made me feel sad and happy all at once. Promet was there when you needed him, and disappeared when you no longer did. Beautiful.

• beeorganizedwithpamela 2 YEARS AGO

Very interesting, I don't thing every child who has or had an imaginary friend is lonely. Maybe they are just creative. Thank you for sharing.

• daarshiny 2 YEARS AGO

I love this story

• DearLife 2 YEARS AGO

A heart-warming tale

• cherylangasa 2 YEARS AGO

I'm drawn by ur work. I'd like to see more of it.

• bretruth 2 YEARS AGO

That was so sweet it makes me want an imaginary friend.

• LeckerFoodie 2 YEARS AGO

A food blog is a bit like an imaginary friend for grown ups... many friends... https://leckerbiss.com/

• marilynbrix 2 YEARS AGO

I can relate to this post. Sadly, I was a victim until half way through high school

• Kiana 2 YEARS AGO

Aw this reminds m of my imaginary friend. Such a beautiful writing though, I started thinking Im not gonna be able to finish it but even when I finished it I was still looking for more to read. beautiful. I cant wait to read more of your work.

• yvetteliveblog 2 YEARS AGO

This is a spectacular piece.

• wuyan123 2 YEARS AGO

i can feel your felling,because i am a Chinese

• BlackWolfMaiden 2 YEARS AGO

Wow beautiful story I greatly enjoyed it

• enethhassam 2 YEARS AGO

Nice piece there

• theplaintruthweb 2 YEARS AGO

sundays at tiffany's has a great story of an imaginary friend:) very sweet

• tlcgoalgetters 2 YEARS AGO

My sister just spoke of my imaginary friends to both of my small children last weekend during a holiday visit. How I wish I could conjure the vivid memories of my devoted friends and the times we shared over 40 years ago as you do here. Interestingly enough, my sister finally admitted she had no idea that 'Sherrie and Johnnie', my imaginary friends I just knew we both played with, were two girls. A confession, all these years later. As I imagined my playmates, I also 'imagined' my sister knowing, understanding, recognizing them as I did only to realize she was merely doing what any amazing sister would do, acknowledge what makes one happy and continue to blissfully share right there. No explanation required. ;D

• bookloverbabbles 2 YEARS AGO

Wow. That is some children's tale.

• Totally Legit News: Santa Barbara 2 YEARS AGO

This post is so simple, yet it tells a big story. It's easy to tell that a lot of emotion went into this writing, and the ending made me have a sad feeling inside. Only good writing is able to evoke emotion from me. Great post.

• maloloyaya 2 YEARS AGO

I was first attracted by the title, since I wrote about my daughter's imaginary friend one month ago, but in French. Your story was awesome !! I may translate mine in English.

• Aditi 2 YEARS AGO

Beautiful story!!

• mynameisrissa 2 YEARS AGO

Great post! Have you seen the movie, Lars and the Real Girl? It's a little dark but humorous.

• dreamerp6 2 YEARS AGO

Wow I can relate to this , such a beautiful piece , Parmjeet Here

• denisfeuerstein 2 YEARS AGO

Really sad but beautiful story

• ShibaInusRock 2 YEARS AGO

Wow.

• j3kwong 2 YEARS AGO

I love your story. It reminds me of my lonely time during my school years. I guess we all need a bit of imaginations to survive.

• thatwreathladymichele 2 YEARS AGO

Thank you for sharing. This a wonderful post.

• Jayshree 2 YEARS AGO

What a beautifully told story, Kiprop. And what a poignant ending! I really enjoyed reading it.

• jannaruusuvuori 2 YEARS AGO

Or prefer their own company, or that of their imaginary friend. No one should be coerced into making friends. It is very healthy to know how to be alone.

• The Artist 2 YEARS AGO

Mine imaginary friend was named Adventurous Dave and he showed up one day running and parkouring on the sidewalk at the same speed the car was going and he would try to catch up to our car to talk to me, but he always couldn't catch up to us before we parked somewhere. He had all these pockets of survival stuff and he was like a better younger Indiana Jones, he never caught up to me to tell me what he wanted to tell me.

• akansha1602 2 YEARS AGO

Beautiful

• njerimwaura 2 YEARS AGO

I once had a "promet" of my own. I think i still do, though now its almost a group of friends living in my mind. My first imaginary friend was not that original, he was a cartoon character i adopted from the famous childhood cartoon "fosters home for imaginary friends". His name was blue but eventually he faded because he wasn't really mine. i had borrowed him so he had to return to his original friend. its still amazing to have imaginary friends at my age.they tend to help us dream beyond societal borders and drive us to achieving our dreams.

• njerimwaura 2 YEARS AGO

epic piece

• Lift Up 2 YEARS AGO

Awesome!!

• somyapuri 2 YEARS AGO

I never had a face for my imaginary friend and neither a name, it was just a person who would listen to me rambling on and on. I remember losing my voice when I was 3 for some months due to some incident. And that nameless and faceless person was always there for me and now too , when am 19, I sometimes speak to him. (:)

• phenomenalwomanweb 2 YEARS AGO

Brought back loads of memories- once a person is bullied he/she loses confidence and it's embedded in your memory for a life time

• East Coast Witch 2 YEARS AGO

Thank you for sharing Promet with us. What a beautiful friendship.

• scintillaofhope 2 YEARS AGO

So relatable.

• wazirnama 2 YEARS AGO

The loneliness and the sense of not belonging weaves the most vivid imaginary threads !

• altruisticmom 2 YEARS AGO

Enjoyed reading! Warmly- altruisticmom.com

• alyssaplayford1 2 YEARS AGO

It shows how some children are lonely, and now and then need a friend. Having an imaginary friend is a sign you may be going mad, but most commonly means that you are lonely. Even in a hard or tough time, it's nice to have a friend there to support us. That's why it's SO important to have friends, and they are a true thing.

• thoughtsangsthumor 2 YEARS AGO

Takes me back to when I had my imaginary friends. Their names were Jude and Oliver, or the Two. They were my playmates when I had no one else around, and being an only child in a rough neighborhood-I was by myself a lot. But one day at school I made some new friends and over time, the Two got mad at me for not playing with them as much. Soon, like most children, I forgot all about them...years pass and then I find this article :)

• Andrei Carzol 2 YEARS AGO

I too was a shy child, I never had the courage to speak with someone, but some things in life change that. I was also bullied but I've started practicing martial arts, I've done this for 9 years and I loved it, I loved the discipline and the way made me think, then I've studied the art of communication (communication and pr faculty). Now I am able to talk in front of a big public, presenting my campaigns, my images and videos that I've done as a graphic designer.. And my past always inspired me. Your imaginary friend made me think about how I was in the past, inspired me to think of a new image manipulation based on this lovely story. Thank you @tirobon

• Faith Oneya 2 YEARS AGO

Wah, such an intimate tale of the life of a shy child. I never had a Promet, and was often a "gang" leader and constantly in trouble...but I have a daughter who has a Promet, and we play with her Promet all the time. Thank you for sharing this, and please turn this into the incredible short story that it could become.

• Tedkip 2 YEARS AGO

Bro you amaze me with your creative writing...it more interesting to me coz I know Mindililwo and more so your lokoek garden.

• theindiangirl 2 YEARS AGO

Very nicely written! Brought out all those feelings

• lazypoet 2 YEARS AGO

My imaginary friend is still very much alive 😊😊. I still talk to him everyday, he inspires my blog..advices me to b open minded about how I feel and what I feel...he gives me a voice through my words. 👏🏾👏🏾💯💯 lovely piece! My blog address: https://lazypoet.me

• EA 2 YEARS AGO

I have tremendous respect for the vividness of your childhood imagination. Woe to the lonely children WITHOUT imaginary friends. I read a study recently that found imaginary friends help kids grow up to be more socially adjusted.

• Lisa 2 YEARS AGO

Reblogged this on Waterfall DIY's and commented: This is a very touching story I found somewhere. It is a MUST read.

• itsmayurremember 11 MONTHS AGO

I had too many imaginary friends to count. Thanks for reminding me!

Comment Here